Title: Episode #00689 Gearing up for College with Gunnar Esiason
Gunnar Esiason, 17 years old with cystic fibrosis (CF), high school senior,
playing football and hockey, staying compliant, and spending long hours on
college applications as he gets ready to move onward and upward.
- Gunnar was diagnosed at age 2 and resides in Long Island with his family.
- Currently a senior at Friends Academy, Gunnar is looking at many colleges and
universities including: Boston College, Bucknell, and Richmond.
- “Being compliant is the key to living the life I want to live ” states Gunnar
“I like to be involved with family and friends and always doing something”.
- “The hardest thing about growing up with CF is the time management… but I make
sure I do my therapies so I can play football, hockey, and spend time with my
family and friends being normal”
- Gunnar’s biggest role models have been his parents, “They are always very
positive and pushing me forward” states Gunnar.
- Regarding college life and being independent and compliant… “I have always
been pretty independent growing up so going to college is just the next step in
the process to be even more independent and take care of my health. I always
remember that my health comes first”.
- “ I have CF but I don’t let it stop me from doing things in life, including
going away to college – I control my own destiny…”
This podcast was made possible through and unrestricted educational grant
from EURAND to The Boomer Esiason Foundation.