“Making Fun Contagious?…
Jo Anne McKinney and Grant Prather make BIG FUN for many pediatric patients with
the BIG FUN BOX. The mission statement: To share with pediatric patients and
their families’ ways to use their imagination to give them comfort and fun in
the midst of stressful situations. The BIG FUN BOX is filled with a stress toy,
folding ruler, colored pencils, pencil sharpener, jigsaw puzzle, HeadGames,
Find’ems, imagination pad, thank you notes, plastic stencil, and playing cards.
- “The BIG FUN BOX is filled with imagination and you can let it take you
wherever you want to go…? states Jo Anne
- Jo Anne has spent many hours in the hospital with her son Grant, due to
his cystic fibrosis, and they learned to “make their own fun?
- The BIG FUN BOX is an activity box for children in the hospital with
chronic illnesses (ages 7 to 12)
- The BIG FUN BOX was launched in October 2006 and has delivered over 3,100
boxes in 9 states to 31 hospitals. “Our goal is to raise $2.0 million and
deliver 100,000 BIG FUN BOXES? states Jo Anne.
- “The BFB is a great vehicle to rescue patients after being in the hospital
for 5-6 days and you just find out you will be in longer?
- The BIG FUN BOX seeks corporate sponsors to bring BIG FUN to children with
chronic diseases. Jo Anne needs to raise $27,000 before 1,000 boxes can go
- The BIG FUN BOX is a 501 c (3) non-profit organization.
For more info:
www.thebigfunbox.org or call: 904-730-0956