Tue, 21 November 2006
A big THANKS to Mr. Rob Safuto of the New York Minute Podcast
for his coverage of the New York City Post-Marathon Party at Mr. Denney's Pub. Rob has been a Quiet Giant of the Boomer Esiason Foundation for quite a while...and was instrumental in teaching me about podcasting in early 2005.
This Podcast can also be heard on the New York Minute Podcast. The following is Rob's show notes from his podcast.
Check out all of Rob's Podcasts
http://www.podcastnyc.net (New York City Podcast Network)
This is as close as well get to a New York City Marathon special this year on the show. Not bad though. In association with my friend Jerry Cahill, host of the Cystic Fibrosis Podcast, I covered the Team Boomer post marathon fund raiser.
The event was held at a very nice Irish Pub called Mr. Dennehy's. The pub is located at 63 Carmine St. near 7th Avenue South.
And yes I did interview one actual runner in the marathon. I also talk with Jerry about Team Boomer and mix with some locals who talk about their experiences around town.
This episode also includes a promo for an upcoming show by my pal Brother Love.
Fri, 17 November 2006
Title: RUN SARAH RUN!!!
Sarah Katopodis ran her 1st Marathon in NYC and ran it for Team Boomer – Fighting Cystic Fibrosis, and we are honored!! Sarah raised over $4,000 for the Foundation’s Exercise for Life Scholarship and was presented with a game ball for her unending passion and support for the CF community.
1. Sarah grew up in New Jersey and attended the University of Scranton and has a masters in marketing.
2. Sarah is blessed with a beautiful loving family and has a very supportive husband, Taso, as well as 3 phenomenal sons that keep her running marathons on a daily basis – Alex, Evan, and Steven. All were cheering Sarah on during the marathon.
3. “As a child I used to run with my Grandfather at 6am during the summer at Long Beach Island? states Sarah.
4. Sarah continued here passion for running with a running group while working in Charlotte, NC and ran 2 half marathons.
5. Sarah’s NYC Marathon application was declined a few times before finally being accepted for the 2006 NYC Marathon. “From that day forward – the training and commitment began…? states Sarah.
6. Sarah and her family launched www.cysticfibrois.com over 10 years ago – a informative/educational/supportive site for people with CF and their families and therefore was committed to running the NYC Marathon for a cause related to cystic fibrosis.
7. Sarah finished the marathon in 6 hours and 20 minutes and is a winner spiritually, physically, and as a committed person in the game of life – CONGRAT’S!!!!
8. Check out Sarah’s award winning blog on her marathon experience at: http://blogs.cysticfibrosis.com/index.cfm?forumid=250
Also check out cysticfibrosis.com’s website at: www.cysticfibrosis.com
Mon, 13 November 2006
Donal Dennehy celebrates with Joe Kelly at Mr. Dennehy’s Pub located at 63 Carrmine Street in Greenwich Village NYC. The 1st Annual Post Marathon Party was a huge fundraising success for the Boomer Esiason Foundation’s Exercise for Life scholarship program for people with cystic fibrosis.
1. Joe Kelly runs his first marathon for Team Boomer – Fighting Cystic Fibrosis in under 4 hours
2. The Boomer Esiason Foundation presents Joe Kelly with an autographed football by Boomer Esiason for his great cause
3. Donal Dennehy accommodates the Boomer Esiason Foundation at his restaurant to help raise funds for people with CF
4. Donal is presented with a game ball for his commitment to the fight against cystic fibrosis
5. The event was a huge success raising over $5,000. for scholarships and a fun time was had by all.
6. Donal states “This is the first of many fundraising events that Mr. Dennehy’s will partner up with the Boomer Esiason Foundation to raise money for a cure.
For more information on Mr. Dennehy’s go to: www.mrdennehys.com
Category:general -- posted at: 8:50pm EDT