Tue, 19 December 2006
Title: Give the Gift of Life…
are a few things to do:
Category:general -- posted at: 7:58pm EDT
Sun, 10 December 2006
To everyone who loves football, Christmas and children.
A special podcast presentation of the classic Christmas story
The Night Before Christmas
has been added to the Boomer Esiason web site.
Jerry Cahill's Cystic Fibrosis Podcast
What we do want you to know is that it is OK to download this pod cast to your computer and to CDs without any cost or violation. In fact, we encourage you to do so.
Christmas is a special time, and the hope is that you can help others enjoy sharing Christmas memories and traditions with their family, neighbors and friends.
be part of the Christmas spirit, enjoy the special recording,
and pass the world along.
Always the best,
Fri, 1 December 2006
Title: Cystic Fibrosis.com Celebrates 10 year Anniversary.
Jeanne Barnett, former computer math teacher and now President of cysticfibrosis.com, talks about her site and how "it is a support community for those dealing with cystic fibrosis" Launched in 1996 with a friend who had CF, the site was started as an experiment but evolved into a major resource for the CF Community that gives people the opportunity to discuss CF with others.
CysticFibrosis.com is a public website and you do not have to sign up.
The site has over 117,372 messages as well as 11,112 threads and 3,396 users
1. Jeanne reads every message and the site has over 1,000 visitors per day
2. Cystic Fibrosis.com (www.cysticfibrosis.com) is a "place to share and celebrate life!" states Jeanne Barnett.
3. The website is global and includes: forums, blogs, faq's, library, kids, CF Center info, photo galleries, recipes, and a section for newly diagnosed.
4. The forums include topics on adults, families, new diagnosed, nutrition/exercise, transplants, and teenagers/young people.
5. Jeanne is passionate about her site and states; "The CF Community is ONE family and we are here to support and inspire each other"
HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!
Tue, 21 November 2006
A big THANKS to Mr. Rob Safuto of the New York Minute Podcast
for his coverage of the New York City Post-Marathon Party at Mr. Denney's Pub. Rob has been a Quiet Giant of the Boomer Esiason Foundation for quite a while...and was instrumental in teaching me about podcasting in early 2005.
This Podcast can also be heard on the New York Minute Podcast. The following is Rob's show notes from his podcast.
Check out all of Rob's Podcasts
http://www.podcastnyc.net (New York City Podcast Network)
This is as close as well get to a New York City Marathon special this year on the show. Not bad though. In association with my friend Jerry Cahill, host of the Cystic Fibrosis Podcast, I covered the Team Boomer post marathon fund raiser.
The event was held at a very nice Irish Pub called Mr. Dennehy's. The pub is located at 63 Carmine St. near 7th Avenue South.
And yes I did interview one actual runner in the marathon. I also talk with Jerry about Team Boomer and mix with some locals who talk about their experiences around town.
This episode also includes a promo for an upcoming show by my pal Brother Love.
Fri, 17 November 2006
Title: RUN SARAH RUN!!!
Sarah Katopodis ran her 1st Marathon in NYC and ran it for Team Boomer – Fighting Cystic Fibrosis, and we are honored!! Sarah raised over $4,000 for the Foundation’s Exercise for Life Scholarship and was presented with a game ball for her unending passion and support for the CF community.
1. Sarah grew up in New Jersey and attended the University of Scranton and has a masters in marketing.
2. Sarah is blessed with a beautiful loving family and has a very supportive husband, Taso, as well as 3 phenomenal sons that keep her running marathons on a daily basis – Alex, Evan, and Steven. All were cheering Sarah on during the marathon.
3. “As a child I used to run with my Grandfather at 6am during the summer at Long Beach Island? states Sarah.
4. Sarah continued here passion for running with a running group while working in Charlotte, NC and ran 2 half marathons.
5. Sarah’s NYC Marathon application was declined a few times before finally being accepted for the 2006 NYC Marathon. “From that day forward – the training and commitment began…? states Sarah.
6. Sarah and her family launched www.cysticfibrois.com over 10 years ago – a informative/educational/supportive site for people with CF and their families and therefore was committed to running the NYC Marathon for a cause related to cystic fibrosis.
7. Sarah finished the marathon in 6 hours and 20 minutes and is a winner spiritually, physically, and as a committed person in the game of life – CONGRAT’S!!!!
8. Check out Sarah’s award winning blog on her marathon experience at: http://blogs.cysticfibrosis.com/index.cfm?forumid=250
Also check out cysticfibrosis.com’s website at: www.cysticfibrosis.com
Mon, 13 November 2006
Donal Dennehy celebrates with Joe Kelly at Mr. Dennehy’s Pub located at 63 Carrmine Street in Greenwich Village NYC. The 1st Annual Post Marathon Party was a huge fundraising success for the Boomer Esiason Foundation’s Exercise for Life scholarship program for people with cystic fibrosis.
1. Joe Kelly runs his first marathon for Team Boomer – Fighting Cystic Fibrosis in under 4 hours
2. The Boomer Esiason Foundation presents Joe Kelly with an autographed football by Boomer Esiason for his great cause
3. Donal Dennehy accommodates the Boomer Esiason Foundation at his restaurant to help raise funds for people with CF
4. Donal is presented with a game ball for his commitment to the fight against cystic fibrosis
5. The event was a huge success raising over $5,000. for scholarships and a fun time was had by all.
6. Donal states “This is the first of many fundraising events that Mr. Dennehy’s will partner up with the Boomer Esiason Foundation to raise money for a cure.
For more information on Mr. Dennehy’s go to: www.mrdennehys.com
Category:general -- posted at: 8:50pm EDT
Fri, 27 October 2006
MR. DENNEHY’S TO HOST TEAM BOOMER - FIGHTING CYSTIC FIBROSIS POST- NYC MARATHON BENEFIT
- On Sunday, November 5 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Mr. Dennehy’s located at 63 Carmine Street @ Seventh Avenue in New York City’s West Village will host a post-marathon celebration to benefit Team Boomer- Fighting Cystic Fibrosis.
- The event is open to the public and ticket price is $25, which includes a two-hour open bar. All proceeds from the evening will go directly to the Boomer Esiason Foundation (BEF) to support the Exercise for Life Scholarship for individuals with cystic fibrosis.
- Joe Kelly, an employee at Mr. Dennehy’s, will be representing TEAM BOOMER in the marathon along with many other international runners.
- Team Boomer – Fighting Cystic Fibrosis was developed by BEF and is a USATF-registered competitive club.
- Those who are a part of Team Boomer participate in various races, obtain sponsors, and donate the pledges they receive to BEF. Team Boomer is designed to promote exercise and help raise funds for the Exercise for Life scholarship program for people with CF.
- BEF is a leader in the area of academic scholarships and transplant grants and is now being proactive as the frontrunner in the area of exercise for individuals with CF.
- Mr. Dennehy’s, located at 63 Carmine Street at Seventh Avenue, is a traditional Irish pub and restaurant known for its live music, great food and charming bartenders.
- Mr. Dennehy’s has received rave reviews from Time Out New York, New York Magazine and CitiSearch and is a New York pub that’s not to miss.
Category:general -- posted at: 2:34pm EDT
Fri, 13 October 2006
Isabel Stenzel Byrnes Interview
The Power of Two - a family story of twins Isabel and Anabel surviving with CF
Jerry Cahill interviews part time social worker, Isabel Stanzel Byrnes, who is 34 years old with CF post transplant 2.5 years (Isabel received the gift of life on February 6th 2004). Isabel has an identical twin sister, Anabel Stenzel, who also has CF and is post transplant 6 years.
Mon, 2 October 2006
Title: CF Education Day comes to NYC
When: October 15th 2006 from 11am to 4pm
Where: The Yale Club in New York City
Come hear nationally recognized speakers at this one time event.
The event is free and includes lunch
Everyone must register to attend
Speakers will discuss:
o ways to obtain health insurance and make it cover treatments needed to fight CF
o Laws that protect children with CF in school
o Strategies for living a successful life with CF
o New drugs on the CF Horizon
o Treatments and care of children and adults with CF
Due to cross infection no one with CF can attend this event.
To find out other ways adults with CF can participate in this event please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 800-622-0385
Category:general -- posted at: 10:04pm EDT
Thu, 28 September 2006
TEAM BOOMER –
FIGHTING CYSTIC FIBROSIS
Join Team Boomer Today
Category:general -- posted at: 3:45pm EDT